Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby Boy Baptism

Drew was baptized yesterday, and it was the most special and magical day! He smiled and did great for the actual baptism, but my favorite part of it all was the family and friends who came to help us celebrate our little man. Such a celebration!
Because it was also spring break, the Bartletts came in on Thursday night and made a long weekend of it. We had such a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful weather with them, and even got our first snow cones of the year! We made so many amazing memories this weekend, and I'll cherish them forever! On Saturday my parents and Breck came in town and also my cousin Amy, and we grilled burgers and had a fun evening. Sunday morning Zac's parents and brother, Ramsi, Vickie and Larry, and the Falcos met us at the church for the service, as well as some of our friends who also go to our church. I felt very happy and loved. I know they weren't there for me, but for Drew, but really, when people are loving and celebrating my son, as an extension of him, they are loving and celebrating me too. And it felt magical. So much joy! Sounds strange, but I'd almost compare it to a wedding. Just a really happy day. Everyone was in such a great mood and happy to be together, and the word BLESSED was used a million times. Because we are. The people close to us make our life so rich!

2 comments:

Linda said...

It was truly a wonderful weekend. We are indeed blessed!

Sarah B. said...

So glad you had such a wonderful weekend, capped off with Drew's baptism. We were there in spirit!

Love,
Sarah