Wednesday, June 6, 2012

kicks & giggles

The first time I felt the baby move was the night before Easter. It was March 7th, and we were in Burnet, spending the weekend with Zac's family. I felt this little flutter, and immediately smiled. I woke Zac up to tell him I felt Sweet Pea move. I could tell he was happy, and he asked me a few questions, then fell easily back to sleep. I laid in the dark grinning, anxious for the day Zac could feel this little miracle inside of me too.
A few weeks ago, I woke up to use the restroom around 4am. Before I got back into bed I chugged almost an entire bottle of water. When I laid down again, Drew went crazy. It felt like he was flipping and kicking and fist pumping! I giggled out loud and imagined him dancing with me as a toddler. I sure hope he likes to dance. I thought it would just last a fleeting moment, like it always had, but this party continued for well over twenty minutes. Of course I wanted to go back to sleep (eventually!), but I didn't even mind laying wide awake, just feeling his movement. I dreamed of this moment for a long time, and here I was experiencing it.
Last night, (June 5th) as I laid down to fall asleep, Mr. Drew had other plans. As soon as I was lying still, he started his party. I put my hand on my tummy to tell him "I feel ya buddy" and felt a little kick against it. I grabbed Zac's hand and placed it on that same spot. Nothing at first, so I put my hand on tip of his, and pushed it down a little harder. A second later, Drew kicked pretty hard, and Zac laughed out loud. It was the sweetest thing, and I'll never forget it. I can't wait for Zac to feel him again!

2 comments:

Amy F said...

So sweet!

Linda said...

Sweet little Drew! Sounds like he's going to be a night owl like his Grandma in Austin!