Sunday, November 11, 2012

first trip

Today we got home from our first road trip with Drew. We went to Log Country Cove on Lake LBJ and stayed in a beautiful cabin with my parents and sister and her family for mom's 60th b-day. It was a wonderful weekend, with really no major issues. He did have his first "blowout" on the way down, but luckily we pulled over at a nice gas station with a clean restroom and changing station. No biggie, but I did tell Zac I earned an extra patch for my "mommy sash." :) Drew was such a trooper and watched his cousins, got some cuddles from family, and even posed for some portraits. It was a great weekend...just wish it was longer!
When we left the cabin, Zac and Drew and I went to Leander to see his parents' new home. Eli and Ryan and their new pooch Mattie came over for lunch too. It was nice to visit with all of them. Drew slept the entire way home from Leander to Midlo. Such a great traveler!
Next week we will be on the road again for Thanksgiving week, then the week after that, Zac has a conference, so we will be traveling again. I hope he continues to be a car rock-star! Sure makes driving easier when he's content and sleeping. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

It was a GREAT weekend indeed! Thanks to all of you for making my 60th the best birthday ever. Love you!