Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was Drew's first thanksgiving!!! It really deserves a long eloquent post, but I'm so behind on blogging that I'm afraid it won't happen if I wait until I have lots of time to really do it justice. Instead, here are the highlights...
-I was surprised at how easily the tears and lump in throat came. All day, I was happy and emotional at how truly thankful I am to have a baby. Sometimes I look at him and it feels like it's the first time I've ever seen him...his perfection takes me aback and I feel so overwhelmed. How did I get so lucky!? I just felt really particularly thankful for him and just grateful in general this year.
-We are staying with Grammy and PaPa so we spent the day at their house, but went to Eli and Ryan's amazing downtown condo for the thanksgiving meal. We had dinner instead of lunch and ate around 6:30. Ryan's mom did most of the cooking and it was delish!
-All of Zac's family was there, plus Scott's little brother and Ryan's parents. We had a long beautiful table and all got to sit together. There were 11 adults, a five-year-old, 18-month-old, and 6-week-old. :) Lots of joy and togetherness. Great evening!
-After dinner, desserts, and visiting, some of the men went downstairs to play pool, Tatem and the kids went to the top floor to run around in the big exercise room, and Zac and Eli and I took Drew and Matty (Eli's new doggy) on a long walk. :)
Favorite memories-
-Ezra giving Drew "kisses" on top of his head. It usually entailed just leaning in and putting his cheek on top of Drew's peachfuzz, but one time he stuck his tongue out at the last minute and licked him! Ha!
-Eliza and Eli making a gingerbread village. Eli is such a great uncle and bought a kit for them to work on. She was very focused and it looked beautiful!
-Standing on the balcony talking to Tatem. We are both busy mommies, so it was nice to get to really chat and visit.
-Just watching all of our family love on and hold our sweet baby. :)

1 comment:

Amy F said...

Sounds wonderful! I am thankful for you and Drew and Zac!