Monday, December 17, 2012

10 weeks!

I know it's so cliche, but seriously, time FLIES! Ten weeks already? Wow! Drew is changing by the day, and since I'm around him so much, sometimes I don't notice that much. But then I stop and realize how fast he's growing and changing, and get a little sad that each stage appears and then leaves so quickly. For example, as he was crying over the weekend, I realized that even the sound of his cry has changed. He no longer has that newborn raspiness. It's like a full, real, cry. It still sounds young, don't get me wrong, but it sounds so different than it used to. When did that happen? How did I not notice until that one particular moment? This time is so fleeting, and I'm cherishing every second of it! I'm so super grateful that I get to stay home and stare at him all day, memorizing every detail and behavior and expression he makes. I know in time, I'll forget those too though, so I'm trying to document as much as possible. For his 10 weeks birthday, here are ten of my (current) favorite things about him...

1. His smile! He still doesn't smile very often, but it's the greatest thing in the world when he does.
2. His palms. He only recently started opening his hands a lot. I didn't realize how much he kept them in fists until he started opening them. He does it a lot when he's eating, and I just stare at the adorable creases and the little rolls on his wrists.
3. The way he moves his head when he's sitting up. Zac calls him Ray Charles sometimes.
4. His "coy" face. Sometimes he does this slight grin, then turns his head to the side, as if he's bashful.
5. His expressions. Eyebrows raised in excitement, eyebrows raised in critical skepticism, (the thinker" (looking out of the side of his eyes, brows furrowed), there are too many to name.
6. His soft soft skin and the way he smells.
7. His belly button. The umbilical hernia makes it pop out, but I just love it, and I know one day I'll miss it. Okay, and sometimes I push it in and play with it. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt him at all.
8. His lips. He purses them, smacks them, searches for his pacifier with them...they're so kissable.
9. The fact he's hot-natured. Sometimes I wish he wasn't, so he could wear his cute clothes, but most of the time, I love getting to see his whole tiny body and feel his sweet baby skin, with no clothes in the way.
10. His hair and head. I pet it with my hand, I stroke it with my cheek, I kiss it. I love that soft fuzz.

1 comment:

maci said...

How precious! Can't wait to meet your little sweetheart. I know what you mean about time flying! :-)