Thursday, January 24, 2013

15 weeks

Fifteen things about Drew at 15 weeks.

1. He wants to hold his own bottle. He's not a pro yet, and usually gets frustrated because he pushes it out of his mouth.

2. He coos. Ooh, aah, mmm, eee. It's all precious and is usually accompanied by some pretty adorable facial expressions.

3. He went almost two straight weeks sleeping through the night. He's been waking up the past few nights, but we are hoping it's just a growth spurt?

4. He still sleeps in our room in his sleeper. Last night he fell asleep in the swing in the living room, so we left him in there, and I had a hard time falling asleep without him in the room with us. I like it better with him close.

5. I'm pretty sure he's already teething. He is constantly gnawing on his fists, drooling, and stops eating to chew on the nipple of the bottle.

6. His belly button is no longer herniated.

7. The hair on the top of his head spikes up, but the hair in the front lies flat. He almost looks like a british rocker from the 80's. Haha! Somedays it looks like a Mohawk. Either way, it's adorbs.

8. He likes to be stiff as a board at most times. He keeps his legs straight and stiff and doesn't like to be held in a position that forces him to bend. I wonder if this relates to his tummy issues.

9. He's drinking 5 ounces every three hours, except at night.

10. He loves his swing, bumbo, and play gym. He kicks his feet to play the piano in the play gym, and stares at himself in the mirror. It's precious. Liz also just lent me a bouncer that her kids outgrew, and he likes sitting I'm that too.

11. His blue eyes melt my heart. His smile lights up the room. When he smiles, it's a big smile.

12. He usually wakes up happy. He coos and stretches and when he sees me, he gives the biggest grin, which is the best way to start my day.

13. He knows me and Zac and our voices. This is really rewarding. When he gets do excited to see one of us, it makes me want to cry.

14. He's not a big fan of tummy time, if he can't sleep through it. He loves naps on his belly, but doesn't like to lift his head. He's getting better though.

15. He has fallen in love with a blue puppy lovie. (for my non-mom friends, a lovie is a little soft blanket that comforts the child-his has a puppy head on it that rattles.) He looks at "pup" with adoration and amusement, it's pretty priceless!







3 comments:

Amy F said...

So precious!

Elizabeth J. said...

I loved reading this, thanks for sharing!! :) He is the most beautiful little boy. Love you guys.

Karla said...

I'm so glad you're doing this! It makes me remember Coop at this age. He's absolutely adorable and I know you're blissfully happy!