Thursday, January 10, 2013

3 months

I am sure this will not be the last time I say this, but THIS (this right here, this moment, this week, this chunk of time), is my favorite stage. Drew just turned three months and it just keeps getting better.

I remember our pediatrician explaining to us when Drew was about a month old, that colic usually fades away by three months. Three months old...that seemed so far away at the time. I remember telling myself on those long nights "new year, new baby," clinging to the idea that his fussiness would be gone around the new year. And just like that, it has. Well, mostly.  It was not an overnight change, so it kind of happened without us noticing. But then on January 8th, his 3-month birthday I suddenly realized that we don't have evenings with three hours of crying and screaming anymore, taking late-night drives, and taking turns. Of course he still has the occasional fussy-spell, like all babies do, but nothing like it was.

On top of less crying, he is SO FUN! He smiles, and even laughs!!! He coos and responds, and shows us new facial expressions daily. He grabs for toys and has found his fists. Oh, the fists. He loves them, and sucks on them as often as possible. He's sleeping through the night a few times a week, and pretty easy on the nights he does wake up to eat. We are starting to get into more of a routine during the day, and the predictability provides some new freedom too. Life is good.

I am so in love with him. Obviously I've loved him all along, and it's been a crazy strong love, but lately I've just been so crazy about him. He is so much fun to be around and we have this intense bond that stronger than ever. He knows I'm his mommy and it's the best feeling in the world. He smiles at me and it melts my heart. Will I ever get used to him smiling? Will there ever be a day that it doesn't make my heart skip a beat? If not, that's okay too. I could gush on and on and tell you how lucky I am, and how perfect he is, but that might get annoying. So I'll just say it one last time. I'm in love. =)

PS-He was extremely fussy all day today. I took him to the doc, fearing it was an ear infection, and luckily it wasn't. We aren't sure why he's been a little cranky lately, but the pedi upped his Zantac, since he could've possibly outgrown his previous dosage. Hopefully that will provide some relief...if that's what has been bothering him. He weighed 11 lbs, 12 oz.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Drew is getting so big - and even more precious than before. Can't wait to see y'all this week! Love you!

Amy F said...

I'm so glad the colic is going away! Drew is precious....I've only met him once but I feel like I know him so well bc you've done such a good job sharing pictures!!!