Thursday, November 6, 2014

14 months

I always this "this" is the perfect stage. It couldn't possibly get better, I couldn't possibly love him more, and we couldn't possibly have more fun. And then some time passes and I suddenly realize we're in a new stage, and IT'S EVEN BETTER THAN BEFORE! This has happened to me over and over and over since I've become Drew's mother. So as much as I want to start this post saying 14 months is my favorite stage ever, I know there's more excitement and fun just ahead.
But y'all, 14 MONTHS IS THE BEST STAGE EVER! Seriously! I am so in awe of this tiny little human that lives with us, and how EVERY SINGLE DAY he reveals new things to us. He is such a joy. He's social, he's smart, he knows how and when to be cute and funny. He's just my favorite person in the whole wide world.
Drew these days...
-he says PaPa and Pappy! Over thanksgiving break he started calling them by name, and daily he walks up to framed pictures in our house and points and talks to them. It's precious!
-he LOVES horses. He neighs, whinnies, and even clicks his tongue to make a galloping sound. (He's mimicking daddy!) He also LOVES dogs and barks all day long. Except it doesn't really sound like a bark, and he always shakes his head forward when he does it, just for extra emphasis. It's hilarious. He spots dogs and horses everywhere we go, sometimes in a tiny picture across the room, or on a restaurant menu, then makes the sound in response.
-He has lots of words: pop, ball, uh-oh (sounds like 'ah ah!'), daddy, dog, he has said mama a FEW times, etc
-he loves the christmas tree and will take the plastic animals from his nativity scene and push them into the tree until they stay. Then he looks around for an audience and his face lights up and he claps for himself! He loves being clever!
-He is really starting to play independently a lot. We still read a lot, but not near as much as we were a few weeks ago, mostly because he loves playing by himself and will go through the toybox and sit down and play for awhile. It makes my heart happy and proud to see his imagination and resourcefulness.

No comments: