Monday, November 11, 2013

Drew's FIRST birthday

Drew's first birthday was so special! His big day fell on a Tuesday, a day he usually goes to Mother's Day Out. I know he has so much fun at school, and I had a few errands to run, so I let him sleep until he woke up and then took him in. I stayed to watch him play in the playroom and it was so fulfilling to see first hand what the teachers had been describing to me. He LOVES the play room and would go from the car table to the mirrors to the climbing mats to the rocking horse like he couldn't miss a single thing. His teachers had bought him a balloon and clipped it onto his shirt, and he loved pulling the string to bring the balloon down to his level and then letting it fly back up, repeat repeat repeat. :) After about an hour I left his school and they ate lunch and he had his first cupcake ever! They said he absolutely loved it. Zac took a half-day, so we met at the church and picked him up early together and then went home for him to nap.
When he woke up from his nap, we drove to our favorite park in Waxahachie. Stacy met us there to take some pictures of him. I am so glad we invited her, because those pictures and that space in time are both one of my favorites of the whole entire year. Drew devoured his smash cake. I've never seen a baby love cake more than our little Drewski did! He even licked the plate clean...he could not get enough sugar! :) :) :)
After cake and pictures at the park we went to Chili's and ordered Drew his first kids meal. :) He had macaroni and cheese and mandarin oranges and loved it all. We came home and put him to bed together. Zac and I hugged beside his crib, and I may have cried a little. What a magical and memorable first year. You don't know LOVE until you become a parent. It is unlike any love I had ever experienced, and I must say, it's my favorite love. <3 br="">

2 comments:

Linda said...

I just read this and your previous two blogs that you wrote today. Drew is an amazing little boy and I love how much you and Zac love him. Y'all are both wonderful parents!

Love you!

Amy F said...

Yay! More blog posts please :)
Drew is very precious!