Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I know, I know...

I'm not a mom yet, we're not even trying yet...why do I need a blog? Well, I just so happen to be one of those sappy-sentimental people who wants to write letters to their unborn (okay, and unconceived) children! I always think "I need to tell our kids this when they are older" about random things, so why not go ahead and start communicating with them?

All my life, all I have ever wanted to be was a mommy. STILL, all I want to be is a mom. I wish I cared about a career and being rich, but the truth is I just don't, and I can't change that. All I want is to be a mommy, and I have wanted it longer than I can ever remember wanting anything. Even more than the "perfect wedding day" as a child, I thought about being a Mama. And not just to babies, I like to think about the teenage years too, that seem to scare other people. I am looking forward to my kids being in high school and involved in various activities (there are certain ones I hope they choose more than others, but hey, its their choice, right?). I can't wait to go to soccer games and sell stuff for fund-raisers. I WANT to wake up in the middle of the night to tend to my needy baby (I know, I know...I will be regretting saying that one day!)

I don't know...I guess I'm just rambling. You could say I have had baby fever going on about three years now, and it keeps getting stronger! Zac finishes his masters, and I graduate with my bachelors in December of 2009, which is one year away. And so...the countdown begins. Zac and I made a deal that as soon as I graduate, we will start a family. I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

You are such a nerd. I love you, but you are a nerd.