Sunday, March 18, 2012

Symptom Manifestation...

Before we REALLY found out I was pregnant, I was already pretty sure that I was, based on my symptoms. I was so exhausted, I mean just constantly pooped. I would come home at 4 and get in bed, Zac would wake me up around 6:30 to eat, I'd try to stay awake for an hour (or maybe two!) and then go back to bed.
I was also a little nauseous. Although I did throw up one night, it was mostly just a constant feeling of queasiness. Sometimes I wished I would actually throw up, because I thought it'd make me feel better, but I never did. It was particularly noticable when I woke up in the mornings, and from naps, or if I waited too long in between meals. I kept a sleeve of crackers on my night stand, in my car, Zac's car, and in my desk at work. Anytime I felt the tummy twirls come on, I'd eat some crackers.
But the MAIN reason I just "knew!" I was pregnant, was that I needed to tinkle all the time! I was waking up four or five times a night to go pee. I decided that being tired or nauseous could technically be my brain playing tricks on me, (cause, ya know, the pregnancy stuff really did take over my life while we were trying, so it's no surprise that my body would play the game) but the frequent urinating was almost comforting to me...I didn't think that my psyche could "make" me need to pee more. I thought that peeing all the time was my own little confirmation that I was pregnant. Turns out, I was right! :)
After we found out I was pregnant, the exhaustion, mild nausea, and frequent tinkling continued. I couldn't complain, because I was way too excited and joyful to be negative (and I also felt quite lucky to have such minor issues). When my OB took me off of the progesterone (that Dr. Le had prescribed me), it was a night and day difference! The very day after I got off the progesterone, I had more energy. It was like the "tired cloud" lifted off of me, and I felt a little more myself. Around this time is when my co-workers started saying I was "glowing" and that I looked like I was on cloud nine. :) I really was already on Cloud 9 mentally, but I guess not being so tired helped my physical appearance. LOL!

No comments: