Monday, November 11, 2013

13 months!

There are so many things I wished I'd have blogged throughout Drew's first year. I'm so behind that it's hard to even sit down and write out what's going on now, because SO MUCH has already taken place that I failed to document. BUT, I need to break the ice and just start writing. Even if it's short. That's my November resolution. :) (who says resolutions have to wait until the new year?)

Drew is SO. MUCH. FUN. right now! I mean, he always has been, but this stage right now is MAGIC, I tell you! Every day, several times a day actually, he does something that surprises and delights me, and in true typical-mom fashion, I think he's that smartest kid in the world. :) I want to remember what he was doing at this age, so I wanted to jot down some of his "skills" real quickly.

Here are some things he is doing these days that make us smile...

-he's obsessed with cows and constantly moos when he sees one. Occasionally he'll see a horse and moo at it. He has a cow flash card that he carries around, and a Baby Einstein video that sings Old MacDonald that always makes him giddy.
-he loves animal sounds and says baa for sheep and when you ask him what a fish says he pops his lips and when you ask what an elephant says, he blows a raspberry. It's precious. I might or might not have him do this all day long, just because I love to watch it. And he loves doing it!
-He gives kisses now! They are open mouth and sometimes a little wet, but nothing makes my heart pitter-patter more than those excited kisses. He applauds himself or giggles after each and every kiss.
-Ha absolutely loves reading. We probably read 20 different books a day, and NO, I am not exaggerating! AND, sometimes we read the same book like ten times. We are reading fools in this house. I have many of the books memorized. My favorite part of his reading obsession is the way he brings you a book and backs up to sit in your lap. Never gets old.
-He signs "more" "all done" "eat" and he occasionally says "tain too" for thank you when we hand him something, like a toy or food
-he is super cooperative when getting dressed or buckling him in the carseat. If he's holding a book or toy (usually he is), he'll automatically switch it to the other hand when you need that arm to go in the shirt or under the seat belt. He holds out one hand at a time and helps put his own legs in the pants. I don't take this for granted. I have babysat so many kids that fight or struggle when you try to get them dressed or buckled (which is totally normal and appropriate!), so I appreciate that he makes it so easy on me. I never taught him or told him, he just knows what's coming next and adjusts to make it happen smoothly. It's awesome.
-He loves to eat! I call him my Very Hungry Caterpillar, because it's not unusual for him to eat an entire plum, entire peach, entire banana, 4-5 strawberries and an orange in one sitting. It's unreal. The boy LOVES fruit! He likes veggies too, and tortillas and bread and waffles. We just started feeding him nitrate-free lunch meat and cubes of cheese and he likes that a lot! There really isn't much he won't eat. Phew!

No comments: