Monday, November 11, 2013

Mr. Personality

I just love the big personality that God designed for Drew. He is so social and personable. People stop me everywhere we go and tell me how happy and friendly he is. Of course I love when people tell me he's cute, but my favorite is when they say "he made my day!' or "his smile made me feel so special"...or happy...or warm. His happiness is truly contagious and he makes so many people smile. It makes my mama heart so proud.
Last week, one of his teachers told me "He is so fun! He is so personable, I actually have to remind myself to pay attention to the other kids sometimes! I could just play with him all day! He's so engaging and smart and funny!" Obviously that made me feel pretty good. :)
We took lunch to Zac at school last Friday. As the principals finished lunch (they all sit together in the cafeteria and eat everyday before all of the lunches start), the first group of students were filling in the cafeteria. I saw a lot of my former students, so I went to say hi to them. One of the kids asked about "bay-bay Doo" so I pointed to where Zac was standing and holding Drew so that my student could see Drew. Except when I looked up, I saw that Drew was BEAMING and waving non-stop to all of the high school students walking by. Zac looked proud and was trying to hide his big daddy smile. My heart filled up and bubbled up into my throat in the form of a lump. Gosh I love that little boy! Most of the girls and even a lot of the boys were waving back and smiling so big at my little baby. One of my friends said he could be a successful politician because he always wins everyone over, no matter where we go. :)
We're pretty blessed that he's so easy going and happy and personable. I hope those qualities stick with him...he will be able to do BIG things with those traits! :)

No comments: