Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Beautiful" & "A+"

Note-I love science and medicine and health stuff, and this whole process really interests me, so excuse me if I go into too much detail. This blog is also for me to look back on one day, so I just don't want to leave anything out. :) Hope it's not TMI!
This morning I had my mid-cycle sonogram with Dr. Le. He was equally as impressive on the second visit, as far as his concern, compassion, ability to really listen to us, and then explain everything in a very understandable way. He has the best bedside manner a patient could ask for, yet still is quite personal and has a sense of humor. Dr. Le sincerely makes the entire process not just bearable, but even kind of enjoyable. Anyways, about the appointment...the sonogram went well and he said I have a "beautiful lining." LOL! I bet he said beautiful three times! He explained that he wanted it to be 7 or over, and mine was 8.8, which is ideal for implantation. Hooray! (Haha-I never thought I'd be celebrating the measurement of my uterine lining!) Next he looked for a "mature follicle" (an egg that's ready to be fertilized). He told me that he wanted it to be 15 (15 what?...I couldn't tell ya. I'm not sure what the unit of measurement is.) and my right one was only 14.5. My left was 18 though. He said my follicles would continue to mature today, and should be perfect tomorrow. The nurse taught me how to give myself the HCG shot (in the tummy, about an inch from the belly button), and I will do that tomorrow morning. This will stimulate ovulation, so then the next few days we will try, and hope, and pray, for a little bitty miracle to grow inside of me.
On the way home, I was gloating that my "perfect" uterus also had a "beautiful" lining, and Zac quickly reminded me that Dr. Le gave Zac an "A PLUS!!!" on his report, and that you just can't get any better than an A+! :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Dr. Le is right - not only are YOU beautiful, you also rate an A+. I love you!