Monday, July 16, 2012

my "vintage monkey" shower

Yesterday was a day I will never forget. When you dream of being a mommy your whole life, you also dream about being pregnant, and a growing belly, and baby showers! Yesterday my friends (Stacy, Ramsi, and Rheanna) threw the most amazing shower for me, that exceeded my imagination and all expectations! :) The food table was DELICIOUS, and I'm not surprised that I liked everything on it, since they asked for my input! haha! They had homemade chocolate chip cookies, strawberry cupcakes, chocolate monkey cupcakes, AND my favorite candies! There was also the most amazing fruit (cut watermelon to look like a basket, and a sweet baby head made out of cantaloupe), chicken salad, spinach artichoke dip, and everything was so delicious!
We played a fun game where I had to pick whether I wanted Drew to get specific qualities from myself or Zac. Everyone else checked what they thought I would guess. (Just for some examples, I wanted Drew to have my eyes, creativity and musical abilities, but Zac's ears, intelligence and athletic abilities...just to name a few!) Zac's mom missed only three, Liz only two, and Stacy won, missing only one answer. She thought I'd want him to have my sense of style, but since he's a boy, I checked that I wanted him to have Zac's style. :) After that, all the guests participated in the neatest joint craft project. Rheanna had made a beautiful Alphabet Book, to help Drew learn his letters. Each person got to pick a letter and draw a picture and pick a word for the letter, then write their name on the page. I will have this book forever, long past when Drew knows his alphabet! It was such a cool idea!

While the ladies colored their alphabet pages, I opened the many gifts! The presents were incredible and generous and so teeny tiny cute! I loved it all! I got everything from bedding and nursery items, to books, clothes, items for the car, and more! I've already gone through all of the items about five times, and even started putting things away today! The nursery is coming along thanks to these gals, and I'll post more on that soon. :)
 Towards the end of the party, I asked everyone to come outside for some pictures. Look at all of these amazing women who made me feel so so special and loved!
 The girls in my family...
 I have pretty friends!
 Grandma and Grammy! Drew is a lucky boy to have these two in his life!
 And last but not least, my talented-generous-fun-thoughtful hostesses. (Minus hostess Rheanna, who wasn't able to come. We missed her greatly, but her personal touches were definitely noticed and appreciated!)
 Words really can't describe the way I felt...special, loved, cared for, and supported! Drew is coming into a world of lovely people, and I can't wait to show him off, and introduce him to these people who mean so much to me. ;)


1 comment:

Linda said...

It was indeed a great shower. As your mother, it made me so proud that you have so many good, good friends who chose to honor you and baby Drew this way. You and Zac are going to be great parents! Love you both!