Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Special songs (part 2)

You might (or might not) remember when I posted about sweet lullaby type songs a long time ago, before I was even pregnant. Well, now that I AM pregnant, I have a few more to add to the list. :)

Colbie Caillat "Capri"
This song meant more to me before we found out we were having a boy. It's still a sweet song, but it's really about a mom carrying a little girl (named Capri). A friend told me to listen to it, and I did just that...a lot...every day. :) It's still a special song to me, since I played it so much the first 16 weeks of my pregnancy.


Taylor Swift (ft. The Civil Wars) "Safe and Sound"
I first heard this song about a week ago on a new Pandora station I had made. I was in the shower, and I stopped shampooing to listen. I dried my hands and picked my phone up off of the window ledge to see what this pretty song was called and who it was by. When I got out, I listened to the song again. It turns out that it's from the soundtrack to Hunger Games, funny huh? Anyways, I just think the chorus is so sweet. With everything that's been going on in the world (read:Colorado movie theater shooting), it just seems extra appropriate.
"Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound!"


Beyonce "Halo"
I almost didn't include this song, just because I've loved it for so long, long before I got pregnant. I always thought it was referring to a man (and maybe it's meant to), but I heard it recently and teared up, because suddenly it seemed like a song referring to a baby. A love song for a child. :)
"Everywhere I'm looking now, I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby I can see your halo. You know you're my saving grace."


Calvin Harris "Feel So Close"
THIS is the song that caused me to write this post. :) I don't think many people would consider this a song to a fetus, but that's exactly what it is to me! This song was popular at the beginning of my pregnancy, when I was so giddy and felt invincible. ("There's no stopping us right now!") I can remember being in my car driving so many times, when this song came on and I turned it up and sang to my belly. It also came on in the car the evening we found out Sweet Pea was a boy, and it was even more special, knowing I was playing it for not  just my baby, but my baby boy! :) I'm sure you've heard this song several times...listen again, and consider how special it is to me, since it's my song to my boy. ;) I still turn it up and play it really loud for him to hear. I think he will know this song when he comes out! "I feel so close to you right now, it's a force field. I wear my heart upon my sleeve like a big deal. Your love pours down on me, surrounds me like a waterfall. And there's no stopping us right now. I feel so close to you right now."


No comments: