Monday, July 30, 2012

My new MOM-mobile

Today we traded in the Prius for a small SUV. With a car seat, stroller, pack-n-play (and all that other stuff that teenie tiny babies require), we wanted to have a little more room. Plus, we mostly bought the Prius for Zac's commute, and he won't be commuting anymore! :) In the two years he had it, we put 97,000 miles on it! Crazy huh? Anyways, my Camry is paid off (and it's awesome!) so Zac will drive that to work and around town, and we will use my car as the main "family" car. It's a 2011 Nissan Rogue, and in the nicest package offered, with all the "bells and whistles" (as Zac calls them). The outside is "frost," a light blue that looks almost silver. The interior is black leather.
After several really rough experiences at different dealerships, and with various slimeball salesmen, all the stars aligned today and we got an incredible deal! I'll spare you all of the boring details, but trust me, we did really well! Woohoo! Check out this cute car I'll be rockin'. Won't be long before I have a cute passenger in the backseat! In fact, if all goes as planned, it will be exactly ten weeks from today!

PS-I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring in weeks, due to the typical pregnancy water retention and swelling. I never go without my ring. I don't take it off to shower or sleep or put lotion on or anything. So naturally, I HATE not wearing it! For some reason decided to put it on today. Not a wise choice. Being outside a lot, looking at cars, and just because I'm pregnant, my fingers swelled around it. By the time we got home my finger was pulsing with pain. Soap and water wouldn't get it off, but luckily my handsome honey uses Paul Mitchell "Tea Tree' moisturizer in his hair, and it did the trick perfectly. :) I better not put that thing on again until Drew is here!

3 comments:

maci said...

Oooh what a cool car! I'm in the same situation--mom-car shopping! Glad your car shopping experience went well. :)

Amy F said...

So glad you finally found a good deal! What a cute car!

Liz said...

Awesome car! About the ring - one of my coworker's wife refused to take off her ring when she was pregnant and ended up having to go to the ER and having it CUT off! Thats my precautionary tale, as your big sister, I'm supposed to provide those. :)