Friday, October 26, 2012

Let me count the ways...

How do I love thee? Too many ways to count, but here are a few of my favorite things about Drew that I love...

-how his soft fuzzy hair feels like the smoothest velvet. I love stroking it with my hand, but my favorite is when it's nuzzled up against my neck and chin. Bliss!

-how he squeaks. Drinking a bottle, stretching, just breathing...the boy squeaks. It's precious.

-his baby stretches. Whenever he wakes up, he makes a big production of stretching every time. It's priceless. My favorite is when both arms are exteded up high, yet his fists barely clear the top of his head. Zac calls this "touchdown." It's definitely worth a lot of points!

-his facial expressions. My number one favorite is probably when he purses his lips like he's making an O. Mom says it looks like he's whistling. Following closely behind is the eyes-closed-but-eyebrows-up-with-a-wrinkled-forehead look.

-his smell! I can't describe it, but it's heavenly. I don't want this baby smell to ever go away, and I get sad knowing it will.

-I laugh everytime we burp him and he releases the biggest man burp. How does such a big sound come from that tiny body? I heard Zac on the phone with one of his friends the other day and he said "my son belches like a thirty year old man!" I think he even had a little pride in his voice, LOL! I have told Drew that I won't always be this excited about him burping, and he should enjoy it while it lasts. :)

There is so much to love about this sweet little boy, but those are just a few of my personal favorites.

2 comments:

Linda said...

He is so very lovable! Give him a hug and kiss from me! I miss him!

Anonymous said...

I can just see Zac being proud of that man burp. LOL

Melinda