Tuesday, October 2, 2012

38 Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks!
Total weight gain: 38 pound...I weighed the same today as I did last Tuesday.
Maternity clothes? yep! trying to wear some of my favorites this last week
Stretch marks? definitely...
Sleep? Pretty rough, but I guess I have finally (in my last week of pregnancy) accepted that laying down is uncomfortable, and I'm not quite as hostile when I can't sleep as I used to be. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it? Preparation for baby?
Best moment this week? Spending time with my mom was awesome! I also liked having a rainy-impromptu-date night on Saturday with Zac.
Movement? Yes, and it's so visible to Zac and anyone in the same room as me! Kind of alien-like.
Food cravings? I recently realized that I've eaten A LOT of Schlotzsky's this past month or two. Yum! I go back and forth between the turkey breast sandwich and the chicken pesto pizza. They also have the best chocolate chip cookies! I'm still eating crazy amounts of strawberries! I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come out pink. Oh wait...he probably WILL come out pink! LOL! And it will have nothing to do with how many strawberries I ate.
Anything making you queasy or sick? not really.
Labor Signs: Not really. I've been trying to be active and healthy and upbeat. Dr. H "checked" me today at my visit, and the cervix is still all the way closed, although he said it has softened. I think I might have gone past 40 weeks, if it weren't for the c-section! That's a crazy thought!
Symptoms: Yes...the usual swollen feet, shortness or breath, needing to potty all the time, etc...
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody most of the time?  Happy! Although I've been a little emotional lately. (just ask Zac!) I'm putting pressure on myself to have the "perfect last week of pregnancy" and balance social time with couple time, relaxation with productivity, etc. It's bonkers to think that our lives are about to change FOREVER. I'm so excited to meet my little man. I'm not nervous about the actual c-section or recovery from that, but I do worry about a few things like "what if something is wrong with him, health wise?...what if breastfeeding makes me miserable?...what if Molly doesn't like him, or what if her health regresses after we bring him home?...etc"
Looking forward to: DUH!!! The big day! I can't wait for Monday, October 8th! My little Columbus Day son will be here and I'll hold him and cry and smile and feel like my heart is going to burst out of my body!!! Is it really just FIVE days away???

1 comment:

maci said...

I'm so excited!!!! The big day is less than a week away! :)