Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weight

Okay, so enough beating around the bush. I plan on losing lots of weight, so might as well blog about it, and be completely honest and open. Like I've said in my weekly posts, I started my pregnancy weighing about 20 pounds more than my "goal weight." So when you add the 40+ pounds I gained during the pregnancy to that, I have over 60 pounds to lose to get to my goal.

10/08--When I was weighed at the hospital on Drew's birthday, I weighed (get ready for it...wait, are you ready?...okay, don't judge...) 194 pounds!!! No, I'm not joking. I was six pounds away from breaking 200! Zac was rooting for it to happen. LOL! He'd say "how cool would it be if you were 200 pounds?!" Boys are weird.

10/15--On the day I came home from the hospital, I saw the scale in the bathroom and thought "oh I wonder what I weigh!?" I thought I'd probably lost about 30 pounds, between the birth and being so so sick. (I threw up insane amounts for several days in a row in the hospital!) So naturally I was a little disappointed when I stepped on the scale and had only lost 20 pounds. Oh well, it's a start. And losing 20 pounds in one week will probably never happen again in my life, so I should be grateful, right? current weight: 174 pounds

10/22--The following Monday I weighed again and I was down another five pounds. So I've lost 25 pounds in the two weeks since Drew arrived. I hope the pounds continue to come off easily (I'm not trying yet, they're just falling off) for a while longer, and I don't get to the "stubborn" pounds until I'm much closer to my goal weight! :) I am feeling much better these days and the weather is pretty nice (actually it's still a bit hot for my taste!) so I plan to start walking soon. That should help with the weight loss, and Drew seems to really like going for walks, so win/win. Weight: 169 pounds

Okay, more to come on this issue in the future. Hopefully I will keep having positive news and dropping numbers! :)

1 comment:

Amy F said...

You are in good company! I gained tons of weight during my pregnancy (more than you did!), but it did take a while to come off. My favorite way to exercise was to go on walks with Sam in my baby bjorn....it was like weight training and snuggling all at the same time! :)