Wednesday, September 12, 2012

35 weeks!

How far along? 35 weeks!
Total weight gain:two pounds since my appointment two weeks ago. Sigh...it's getting kind of depressing. Let's say I definitely have gained more than I hoped to, but I know it's so worth it.
Maternity clothes? Yep! And I'm not even sick of them...in fact, I wear them with pride and nostalgia ALREADY, just knowing that they'll only fit a few more weeks. (hopefully- haha!) Special clothes for a special time in my life. :) Sappy, I know.
Stretch marks? yes! And it's crazy...new ones each day! blah...
Sleep? It's not comfortable (hips hurt, tummy is so hard and heavy, and reflux is insane) BUT, I'm sleeping well. I think I'm so tired these days that I fall asleep pretty easily and sleep pretty hard. Embarrassing side note...I've never drooled in my life, and for some reason I drool now. It's gross. I change pillowcases like three times a week. At least I can laugh about it, right?!
Best moment this week? This has been an especially sweet week! Saturday we spent the day in McKinney with my family there, which was awesome. That night we met Eli and Ryan for dinner in Dallas, which was yummy and fun, then we followed it up with cupcakes. Yes! Tuesday I had a great doctor appointment, then had my first playdate with two teachers from my old school who also decided to stay home this year. Ashlea has a 5 month old son, and Melanie has a 9 month old daughter. We had the BEST conversation and the hours flew by! I can't wait to get together again! So nice having a network of new moms nearby. Today I went to my third week of Bible Study, which I've really started to love a lot! After that, I went to my old school to take my girlfriends Sonic drinks. They had made lunch and invited me to stay, so it was a blast getting to sit and visit and eat with them.
Miss Anything? Yes, too much to name. Mostly right now I'd love to go a day without reflux. ;)
Movement? Yes! Love it! Trying to savor every kick and flip and hiccup. What a precious experience to feel a baby move inside of you!
Food cravings: Still chewing ice. Loving IZZE sparkling juice in Clementine and Apple, and still liking chocolate. I made some Jello chocolate pudding tonight, haven't done that ever, or even had it since I was a kid. Yum.
Anything making you queasy or sick: hmm...not really. I thought really hard and can't recall anything. That's good, right?
Labor Signs: nope!
Symptoms: B-H contractions and one bout of high BP last week.
Wedding rings on or off? Off and I haven't even been wearing the fake lately. My hands are still hurting. I guess it's not pain, just stiffness. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! :) I'm not even really counting down anymore. I have a peace that it will happen when it's meant to, and I'm just enjoying every day with this baby in my belly. :)
Looking forward to: my last baby shower, on Saturday!! My mom and dad (& Owen!!!) and my friend Breck are coming in town for the weekend and I'm so excited! The shower will be amazing, and I'm also looking forward to getting the nursery decorating finished, and last minutes shopping done with my mom and Breck!!! Hooray!

***Some notes about my 35 week doctor appointment...
-had my (second!) HIV test done, which prevents them from having to do it to Drew once he's born. I'd much prefer them poke me than him, but I did promise the woman that it would be negative. :) She said "good, I like your confidence!" haha! 
-next visit I will be tested for "strep B." It's a bacterial infection, and if the mom is positive, they will administer antibiotics to her shortly before the birth. Not a big deal, but important to check out.
-we talked a little more in depth about the c-section. I originally wanted him to lower the screen when they were pulling Drew out, so I could watch. After chatting about it though, we both decided together not to do that. He's going to walk Drew around the drape and show him to me up close, which will be better anyways. :) 
-Zac will NOT cut the umbilical cord. Because they do it while the baby is still over my completely opened abdomen, and my uterus will be on top of my chest, it wouldn't be sterile for Zac to be so close, and honestly, that would be a lot for him to have to see. He's fine with not cutting it, and that's not a big deal to me either.
-We are still on the waitlist for the 7:30am operating room. :( This might sound silly, but please say a prayer that it works out we get in. Noon isn't awful, but the doctor and I both agree that the morning time would be SO much better for me!
-I'm sure there was more, but that's all I can remember right now. :)

1 comment:

Amy F said...

I can't believe the big day is almost here! I'm so glad you are treasuring these moments....everything is so wonderful!