Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting stuff done...

With the realization that the BIG DAY is just a few weeks away, I'm trying to tie up loose ends and get some last minute stuff taken care of.
--My final baby shower was Saturday (blog post in progress), so I've been returning/exchanging anything I need to, as well as buying stuff I think we "need" before he comes. I printed out our registries and highlighted the items I think we should go ahead and buy. We've been so blessed that we received so many gifts, so it's nice that there are only a handful of things we didn't get, that we will have to buy. Luckily I even have some gift cards still to help with it! :)
--This weekend we finally decorated the nursery. It didn't get all the way finished because the wall shelf I ordered from Amazon came with a dented corner and a large crack all the way down the length of the shelf. :( Needless to say, I had to take it to UPS today to be returned, and I ordered one from Target instead. When that shelf comes in, we can hang it, put some items on it, then we'll be TRULY done with the nursery decor. I can't wait! :) I'll post pics when it's all done.
--I have been looking at birth announcements online, and found several I liked on tinyprints.com. My sis used this company and my photographer recommended them too. I also like that they're related to Shutterfly (have I ever mentioned that I love Shutterfly!?), but even better quality. Yay! I ordered four samples and they came in the mail today. I put them in order of my favorite to least favorite. When I handed the stack to Zac and asked him to do the same, without even realizing, he picked the exact same order I did. :) I guess we know the obvious front runner, and which one we won't be choosing. :)
--I made an appointment with a pediatrician for Wednesday. He came very highly recommended to me, and I'm glad that I will get to meet him and visit before the first visit. I can imagine it being a little stressful, so I think it'll help to already know where the office is, and have established a relationship with the doc. I have a few friends who use this doctor, and I love what they say about him. Can't wait to meet him myself! Can you think of any questions or topics I should bring up this week when I have my consultation?
--I just got home from a walk with Molly. I started to write "I just got home from a long walk..." but it wasn't long. It just felt long. Haha! My lower back hurts a lot these days, and he was playing bouncy house on my bladder the whole time, so I only walked for about fifteen minutes. I bet I sleep well tonight though! :D

Anyways, just plugging along. Trying to enjoy these last weeks and rest and nap and do "me" things, while also taking care of some last minute stuff that'll make me feel more prepared for the big day. Life is good. =)

PS-I just came across this blog post again today. I loved it the first time I read it, a long time ago. I saved it and have read it since. I think it's amazing. If you're a mom, read it. If you're not, you'll still probably get something out of it. :)

PS#2-I just over heard Zac telling Molly that she's his baby and will be for three more weeks, and she'll always be his first baby, and since Drew's a boy, she'll stay his baby girl. It might have made me tear up a little bit. :)

No comments: