Thursday, September 13, 2012

Walking

At the beginning of my pregnancy, I was pretty good about exercising regularly. I'd go to the gym and walk on the treadmill, or take long walks around the neighborhood. Even at the beginning of the summer, I'd wake up early and walk before it got too hot. After my long trip to Austin in August, then coming home sick with a cold and sinus infection, I never really got back into it.
As I get closer to the c-section, I've known I need to be in the best shape I can be, to help with recovery. The more physically active I am now, the easier it will be to get back to, that after the surgery. Tuesday night Zac and I went for a walk around the block. Molly was finally feeling better, so she went with us. It was dark and our little country neighborhood doesn't have many street lights. As we were walking, there was a quiet minute, and I thought to myself "when I imagined being pregnant, I imagined walks like this" and everything seemed right in the world. I smiled to myself, thinking of how my dreams came true. See, in the early stages of pregnancy, it was so easy for every day to be a dream-come-true, but as I've gotten bigger and more uncomfortable (okay, and a little more emotional), it's not quite as easy or obvious to appreciate how marvelous and miraculous this whole experience is. I think that's why the showers and smiles from strangers, and late night walks with your husband and sweet pooch (and all the other things you dream about pregnancy) are extra special. But maybe that's just me.
Anyways, back to the walking...so I know I need to be walking every day for my own benefit. But today's "what to expect" (great app!) tip of the day really REALLY makes me want to walk daily! Read below...
I think a daily walk (no matter how tired I am, or how much my feet hurt) is worth it, to have a happier baby with less colic, and more sleep! :) Feel free to hold me accountable...

No comments: