Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm Charmed!

Zac asked me all throughout my pregnancy what I wanted for my "push present." (For the record, I hate the term 'push present' anyways, but since I don't plan on "pushing" in the first place, I always thought it sounded weird, but, that's the term for it these days, so we'll roll with it for the purpose of this post.) I didn't really want to tell him what to get me. I wanted him to come up with it. But since he kept asking, I shared with him that I knew I didn't want mom jewelry. A friend of mine got a Kindle (or Nook...it was one of those) and was pumped about that, but I didn't really want that either. I guess I was hoping for something meaningful and timeless, but had no idea what that would be. Not a figurine or something that could collect dust. Not a spa day that would only be enjoyed momentarily. But I could never think of any ideas. Well, I thought of a flip video camera, but then decided I'd rather just use my iPhone, because I doubt I'd wanna carry around my phone AND my fancy camera, AND a flip camcorder.
A few weeks ago, I was on facebook, and one of the ads on the right side caught my attention. I never look at those ads, but this one was flashing a bright JULIA! JULIA! JULIA! (not really...just metaphorically, okay?) So I clicked on the ad and discovered the sweetest newborn pictures. It was a lady out of Mansfield/Arlington who did work in a studio, and had the cutest props and poses and I loved her color and everything about these sweet-sleeping-squishy newborn pics. But we are on one income now, and the price didn't fit our budget. But it got me inspired and motivated to find a photographer with similar work who did. Except the more I looked, the steeper the prices got. I started thinking maybe this first lady was pretty competitive with her pricing after all. But I couldn't pull the trigger. I felt guilty spending too much on pics. But that didn't stop me from lusting over her site every evening, and forcing Zac to look at all the cute pictures too. Well, guess what!? This week Zac told me that he wanted me to book with her, and it would be my "push present." I can not think of a better gift! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her work, and I know I'll love it even more, when it's MY cutie in the picture! I will have these forever, and cherish them always! It's not something I would have normally done, so that makes it an extra special treat for me! I'm so so excited!
I met with her this morning, at her studio, and totally adored her! She's super sweet and seriously loves babies and her 'job.' She has been trained by two of the best newborn photographers in the nation, and emphasizes safety and stuff that I hadn't even thought of. For example, she keeps the studio at 85 degrees, so the baby will be nice and toasty warm and happy, so they will sleep through the photo shoot. (I might have to bring a towel for my sweat, but hey, it's worth it for good pics.) I just think they are only tiny and pliable for such a short period of time. I'm so thrilled that we get to capture that little window in a way that makes me so happy! Look at these pictures, and tell me they don't make you soo happy...

Anyways, needless to say, I am so excited for our little photo sesh, and so glad I have such a thoughtful hubby. :) I wouldn't have booked them on my own, but I would have regretted it, and he knows that. We will love these precious portraits forever and ever!

2 comments:

Amy F said...

Well, I must have missed the memo on getting a push present. I wonder if 2 years is too late to get one! Haha!

Can't wait to see the pictures of Drew! I bet they will be amazing!

maci said...

Awww what a great idea for a push present! Although I agree, I don't really like that phrase either...but the idea behind it is great. :)