Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Midlo Shower

We had a wonderful weekend! Mom and Pops and Owen came in town, as well as Breck! Friday night Papa and Zac went to the high school football game, which was over an hour away. Mom and Owen and I went out to eat, then made a run to Target. Owen was such a blast, and just the best little shopper. He would point to stuff and with the excitement of a 2-year-old say "Look! Did you see that!? It's beeee-youuuu-teeee-ful!" It was precious! Mom and I would laugh so hard that we didn't make sound! He was a hoot all weekend!
Saturday morning Breck and Mom and I got ready and headed to my baby shower. It was at my dear friend Vickie's house, from 10-12am. The spread was gorgeous, with cupcakes, fruit, quiches and some fantastic spinach triangles (I forgot what they are called, but trust me, they were so delish!).

Most of the people who came were my old co-workers from school. No one could believe how big my belly was.
My friend Rhonda, one of the hostesses. I am SO SO sad that we forgot to take a pic of my with all four of the hostesses. :( There were probably between 40-50 people there, so I did lots of visiting and mingling.
Vickie (hostess and precious friend) sat next to me to write down the gifts I received.
Seems like just yesterday I was at Heather's baby shower for Brooklynn, and now she's already almost 9 months old!
Saturday afternoon we went through all of my gifts again and started organizing into piles. (needs to be washed, needs to be put in kitchen, needs to be put in drawers, etc) We hung some of the wall decor in the nursery, and realized the shelf I ordered was damaged. :( That night we ate at my dad's favorite local restaurant, Tuscan Slice. The boys and Breck came home after dinner to watch the UT game, and mom and I went to Target to buy drapes and a curtain rod, as well as a few other "needed" items. My dad hung the hardware and drapes during halftime. Yay! It's starting to look ready! Just a few more touches needed!
Sunday we met some friends for lunch. Mom and Joy have been friends forever, since they worked together at UT for 30-something years together. They were pregnant at the same time with me and Brandy (Joy's daughter), and now Brandy and I are preggers together, and due a month apart! Brandy and her hubby live in Dallas, so mom and Joy talk about making Grandma road trips together to come see their grandkids! :) Pretty special. After lunch the company hit the road (in the rain. yuk!) and Zac and I took an awesome cold-weather-raining-outside nap under the covers. It was such a great weekend, and I feel so good that we got so much taken care of! :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

It was indeed a great weekend! I enjoyed meeting your friends from WGMS too. You certainly have a great group of friends who seem to be as anxious as I am to meet Sweet Baby Drew!