Monday, September 24, 2012

Our weekend...

Zac and I are consciously savoring these last days together, just the three of us (you didn't think I'd omit Molly, did you?). We had such a wonderful weekend! Friday night Zac had to attend the high school football game, so I made plans with a friend. We went to dinner, and then because the weather was so lovely (and I get tired of sitting at home!) we went to the football game. We got there at the beginning of half time and stayed until the end. It was so fun to visit in an excited atmosphere (our team won!), and to socialize with other friends too. Saturday morning Zac made toast and scrambled eggs and then we did a few little things around the house. We went to Schlotzsky's for lunch, then headed to Arlington to go to Babies-R-Us. There is one closer to us, but it's pretty small, plus I registered at the one in Arlington, so I knew I'd remember how to find everything I wanted. We had a coupon to save 10% on anything left on your registry. I think we're ingenious, because we checked out a scanner gun to "update our registry" and walked around and added anything we wanted to buy to our registry before putting it in the basket, then returned the gun. When we checked out, we got 10% everything we bought, even if it had only been on our registry for a matter of minutes. :) Don't worry, they still got a good amount of money out of us, but it was so cool when she scanned that coupon and a big chunk came off of the total. Thanks to my Midlo shower, I was able to pay for the entire shopping spree with gift cards, and we STILL have $75 left on a gift card! Woohoo! That'll be nice for diapers or wipes or formula, or new items as he gets older (if it lasts that long, haha). After that we met our friend Bez for a quick visit. Bez owns several GNC stores and is constantly hooking Zac up with the latest and greatest pre-workout powders and pills. We ended up meeting at a Whataburger, and I had a chocolate milkshake. I think that's only my second one since I've been pregnant (if I'm going to have a dessert drink, I'd much prefer a coke float), but it was pretty tasty. After that we came home and napped then headed to see a movie. We bought tickets to see Trouble With the Curve, but when we walked into the theater, there were only seats available on the front row. I never like to sit that close, but being pregnant has made me get even more motion-sick (or whatever you want to call it) in movies, so I knew that wouldn't work. Well a different movie Zac's been dying to see was starting next door at the same time, so we went to End of Watch instead. It was exciting and intense, but also a little hard to handle. When it was over, I did NOT want to go home and try to fall asleep, knowing I'd have nightmares for sure. So I convinced Zac to sneak into Trouble With the Curve. It took some begging, but I told him we only have two more weeks to be rebels and stay out super late, catching a double feature. I am so glad it worked, because I really loved Trouble With The Curve! It was very slow paced compared to the movie we had just seen, but it was a welcome distraction from the story and sights I'd just witnessed in the previous movie. We went home tired but happy. :)
Sunday I made pancakes and home made syrup, then we headed to the park in Waxahachie with Molly. As much as we are trying to enjoy our last weeks of being 'selfish,' we also want to spoil Molly as much as possible. We will obviously do our best to include her in everything with Drew, but I know it won't be the same for her once he's here. So we let her sniff to her heart's content. When we got home, Zac dyed my hair for me. :) I've been wanting it a little darker before the birth. It still looks natural, just healthier and a prettier shade of brown.  Zac's family was driving home from Eli's IronMan in Oklahoma City, so we met them for lunch around 3:30. We had a nice visit and delicious food, then headed home to hang out and do a few low-key chores around the house. We napped a little, ate a small dinner, and watched the Emmy's and some Sunday football. Perfect day!

No comments: