Monday, September 3, 2012

34 Weeks

First, let me say that my mom and sis brought to my attention that it's hard to comment because the scrambled letters/numbers are impossible to make out. Sooo, because I love y'all (and love comments almost as much), I've changed my settings so that you don't have to do that anymore. :) You can repay me by commenting like crazy. LOL! Just kidding. (but kind of not really)

How far along? 34 weeks!
Total weight gain:not sure, but it's a lot and maybe I should quit counting? :)
Maternity clothes? Yes. And guess what? I bought this awesome black knit skirt at the GAP at the beginning of my pregnancy and planned on wearing it until it fell apart, then I couldn't find it for like my whole pregnancy, but guess what (did I already say that once? Well guess again!) I FOUND IT! I started doing Zac's laundry this week (we used to each do our own) and found it at the bottom of one of his baskets. It had been there for months. Thanks a lot Zac! Just kidding, I don't even care it was ever missing, because I'm so glad it's found! It's stretchy and comfortable and I even feel cute wearing it, which is more than I can say for shorts these days, and jeans are just too hot! Some of my maternity dresses are even getting snug around the tummy. Needless to say, I might wear this black skirt everyday the next five weeks, to make up for our lost time together. :)
Stretch marks? yes, and they are still multiplying. ugh
Sleep? The good news is that I'm sleeping better! I think the last trimester exhaustion has set in, and I'm tired a lot. The bad news is that I'm not near as productive as I've been all summer (maybe because I'm tired, or maybe because it's harder to move around now, lol). There is still quite a lot to do before D-man arrives, so I need to make some lists and force myself to do stuff during the day. Happy that I'm too tired to stay awake at night worrying though, that wasn't really a fun phase.
Best moment this week? Spending the weekend with my family in Austin. I'm sappy and thought "this is our last family meal without Drew" then later "this is the last time we will be leaving their driveway waving bye and heading home without a baby in the backseat" and all that. I also LOVE watching Zac interact with our nieces and nephews! He's such an amazing uncle. I'll never forget him chasing Madeline and Owen in the front yard and all three of them screaming and laughing and falling and losing their breath because they were having so much fun. I can't wait to see Zac be a daddy. :) I picked a good one!
Miss Anything? moving easily, being able to lean forward, sleeping on my back, but nothing major...
Movement? Yes! And it can be seen from the outside so often now! Drew is a party animal these days! 
Food cravings:I've been chewing ice lately. I'm kind of obsessed. I know it's awful for my enamel, but it's so refreshing. Store bought ice is way better than my freezer ice...I need to go get some tomorrow! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: just this one particular cologne that Zac has (which yes, I bought for him). Polo Blue, I never want to smell you again. Also, I might have had a little fit tonight when he sprayed it. I apologized. He swore to never wear it again...which might have had more to do with my reaction and tantrum than the fact I don't like it! hahaha
Labor Signs: not yet
Symptoms: BH contractions.
Wedding rings on or off? Off and I haven't even been wearing the fake lately. My hands have just recently started hurting a little.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy! :)
Looking forward to: my last baby shower, which is in two weeks, September 15th. Should I get a new dress for it? I felt like I've work all of mine a million times, but I also hate to spend money on something I'll wear once. Decisions, decisions. (and yes, I looked, and rent the runway doesn't have maternity! haha)

PS-We will meet Drew in FIVE WEEKS FROM TODAY (or less)!!!!!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Jules - we had a great weekend. I'm so glad that you and Elizabeth and families were able to come home. It was so much fun! You are still looking beautiful being pregnant. I'm counting down the days to make that drive to Midlothian to meet Baby Drew!Hope you have a great week. I love you, Mama

I can't quit laughing when I think about PIVK.

Mel and Nancy said...

My comment is just a great big :) !!!!

Sarah B. said...

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one who had trouble getting past the funky letters to prove I wasn't a computer. I was beginning to feel inept. :)

Glad that things are going so well and can't wait to meet Drew!

Anonymous said...

Finding another maternity shirt that fits = gold mine those last few weeks! :) Next time I see you, he'll be here!!! ~Tatem

Liz said...

We had sO much fun! Zac is going to be an awesome dad! I cannot believe the next time I see you, you'll be holding Drew. :)