Wednesday, September 19, 2012

36 weeks!

How far along? 36 weeks!
Total weight gain: Ugh, don't ask. But my 'post-baby goal weight' keeps getting further and further away! Oh well, it'll make a great story (and blog post) when I lose 60 pounds! (I was already almost a good 20 over my goal weight when I started my pregnancy! I've gained 40 pounds, for those of you trying to do mental math right now.)
Maternity clothes? duh
Stretch marks? yeppers
Sleep? Hmm...Monday night I woke at 3am and never fell back asleep (therefore causing tears on Tuesday morning when my doctor innocently asked "so how's it going?") But last night I slept ten wonderful hours, with just a few bathroom breaks. Tonight I went to bed and restless legs (and annoyance at the said restless legs) took over, so I'm back out of bed, in the living room blogging. Sigh...
Best moment this week? I loved my entire weekend. I know I already blogged about it, but it was so fun to have company, a baby shower, and watch the nursery come together!
Miss Anything? Oh gosh, lots. Too many things to name.
Movement? Yes, he's quite the wiggle worm. Lately (especially at night!) he loves my rib cage. Doesn't feel very good, but at least he's moving!
Food cravings? hmm...nothing too strong (my tummy feels full all the time), but I had an iced cookie from the mall after my dr appt, and it was soo yummy! :) I'm also back to strawberries and cheerios every morning. Except today I got wild and crazy and put some frosted flakes and grapes in the bowl too. Yeah, not sure I'll do that again. haha
Anything making you queasy or sick? nope
Labor Signs: Nope! Doctor "checked me" at my appointment Tuesday morning and "it was pretty boring" (translation: no dilation, effacement, or ripening. And speaking of that, who decided to use the word ripening? That's weird and kind of gross.)
Symptoms: It would be silly to list my pregnancy symptoms because I feel like one big walking list of pregnancy symptoms, lol! Lower back pain? Check! Peeing constantly? Check! Fat hands and feet and face? Check! Glow because I'm a moving miracle? Check! :)
Wedding rings on or off? Off!
Happy or Moody most of the time? Soo happy! I am totally at peace with having 2 1/2 weeks left of pregnancy. I'm making a list and checking it twice (a to-do list, that is), and trying to enjoy time with Zac and Molly. We are planning a movie date this weekend. I do NOT like not being able to sleep, but I guess God's just getting me used to what will be the new norm. :) I'm a happy camper, and I love the faces people make when they ask "when are you due?" and I tell them less than three weeks! Such excitement! 
Looking forward to: dinner with a girlfriend on Friday night, a trip to Babies-R-Us to get some last minute necessities and a movie date on Saturday with Zac, and a lazy Sunday!

1 comment:

Mel and Nancy said...

Dang, I would really like to give you a bear hug right now and feel that sweet Drew respond with a solid kick!! Very, very excited for all of you. Lots of love, too!!