Wednesday, August 8, 2012

30 weeks

How far along? 30 weeks!
Total weight gain: I haven't weighed since last week. I'm eating all my favorite things in Austin though, so pretty sure I'll be up a few pounds next time I do step on the scale :)
Maternity clothes? yep! Except I just asked my dad for a few of his XL t-shirts because none of my t-shirts fit anymore, and let's face it, I'm a t-shirt kind of gal.
Stretch marks? uh-huh
Sleep: I've been sleeping better this week in Austin...maybe it's the new mattress, or maybe the fact that my mom is a shopaholic and we've been painting the town all day long! :)
Best moment this week: Easily, it was my "Ahoy, Baby" shower! (post and pics to come). Although I also loved getting to spend time with my nieces and nephews on both sides.
Miss Anything? I miss sleeping on my back. It's my favorite posish to sleep in, and I can't do it even for a few minutes without getting out of breath and all my limbs tingling. I guess that's why they tell you not to? :)
Movement: Yes, so much. It's a different type of movement (as I mentioned last week), but it's still there and I'm feeling him all day and night. He especially loves when I drink really cold ice water!
Food cravings:home made chocolate chip cookies...still!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: nope!
Symptoms: swelling in my feet and ankles, and Braxton Hicks contractions. My entire abdomen gets so tight...such a strange sensation. I wouldn't say it's painful, but certainly uncomfortable. Honestly, in these moments, I'm grateful to be having a cesarean, and find comfort in knowing I don't (ahem, shouldn't) have to experience labor. Does that make me a wimp?
Wedding rings on or off? off, but I'm sporting a fake :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy girl :)
Looking forward to: going home to Midlo and sorting through all the amazing gifts that we were given at the shower. I can't wait to start doing laundry and putting his tiny clothes into drawers and his closet.

2 comments:

Linda said...

You look more beautiful as each week passes! Can't wait to meet little baby Drew!

Mel and Nancy said...

I saw the pictures of your week on fb. Happy, happy pictures and you look radiant! Love you and enjoy- 6 or so more weeks until baby is here. :) Always in my prayers and with Love, Nancy