Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Supernose

My sense of smell is insane. I totally take it for granted, without even realizing how powerful it is, until someone looks at me like I've said something weird, then I realize I'm not normal. For example, tonight my mom and I were in the living room watching Olympics. She heard my dad in the kitchen and called out "I want some ice cream too!" I looked at her confused and said "he's not making ice cream. He's making an Emergen-C!" (vitamin C drink) She asked why I thought that, and I told her I could smell it. She didn't believe me, so I called out and asked what he was making. Sure enough...I was right! Fast forward an hour and he's going to bed. I had lit a candle in the back bedroom earlier in the evening. I looked at mom and said "Pops just blew out my candle...I can smell that stinky smell that comes after you blow out a candle." Again, I was right. Weird huh?
Oh yeah, and yesterday I went swimming in Eli's pool, which is on the tenth floor of his building. I told him I smelled soap or a car wash or something and he wasn't sure what I meant. A few minutes later, I looked up and saw window washers working away on the top floor of his building. His building is like 55 floors, whic means I could smell their stuff from 40+ floors away. Crazy! Too bad I can't fight crime with this sniffer!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Your sense of smell IS amazing! And I think you could use this sense of yours to fight crime too!

Love You!

Mel and Nancy said...

Yes, I am now into envisoning all kinds of exciting things ( maybe from watching the Olympics) Anyway- You could be a super hero with that sense. You could track down things just like a hunting dog. I don't know what your moniker would be-- Maybe Oderifus Oldham! Ha ha- Love you and you have many amazing qualiities. :)

Stacy said...

haha this is hilarious!