Wednesday, August 15, 2012

31 weeks

How far along? 31 weeks!
Total weight gain: Went to the doctor, and I've gained 3 pounds since my 28 week appointment, three weeks ago. That makes it 26 pounds so far. My goal was to gain between 25-30 pounds, so I'm pleased with my weight gain (as pleased as one can be with gaining weight, lol!), but I know with 8 more weeks to go, I'll probably (okay, definitely) pass the 30 pound mark, and I'm totally okay with that. Most of the weight is going to Drew anyways at this point. :)
Maternity clothes? yes! Although I just discovered that Zac's solid shirts from the Gap are the softest things ever, so I've been taking over some of those when I'm around the house. :)
Stretch marks? yes, and they are multiplying. Luckily they are still hidden.
Sleep: It's been awful. :( And not only can I not sleep, but I also get super anxious and worried at night and my mind starts spinning and I think things like "why are you trying to sleep!? You have so much to do!" My doctor was very compassionate, as I sniffled through my "I'm so tired of not sleeping and being so uncomfortable" and it made me appreciate him being my doctor even more! :) He also advised I take a tylenol and benadryl before I go to bed to help me sleep. (Yes, this is safe! I double checked with the pharmacist!) It's strange because for the first hour after I take it, I feel hyper, but the past two nights I have slept much harder, so that's good. I'll just start taking it an hour before I get in bed, instead of right before. 
Best moment this week: hmm...maybe making King Ranch Casserole and home made chocolate chip cookies for dinner last night. It felt good to cook, and even better when Zac did all the dishes. :)
Miss Anything? I miss shopping for, and wearing, "normal" clothes! I went shopping with mom when I was in Austin and looking around at all the cute styles (colored pants! bright dresses! etc) made me really miss dressing "cute." 
Movement: Yes! It has slowed down a little, but he still has his very active times. Last night Zac got to feel his little baby reflexes (hiccups).
Food cravings:home made chocolate chip cookies...and I made some Monday night! Hooray!
Anything making you queasy or sick: yes, the drainage going down the back of my throat, in the middle of the night.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: nope!
Symptoms: reflux is back, and difficulty breathing. (made me feel so good when even the sonographer was shocked at how high (and how low!) he was and said "wow...he is WAY up there!" She was having to mash on my ribs to get pics of him!
Wedding rings on or off? off, but I'm still sporting a fake :)
Happy or Moody most of the time: a bit emotional.
Looking forward to: the c-section class and hospital tour next Monday night!

No comments: